“Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted.”

-Martin Luther King Jr. (Strength to Love, Harper & Row, 1963, p. 14)

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Radical Anabaptist Spirituality

John Driver is a former South American pastor, teacher and the author of many books which were written as gifts to the churches of the Anabaptist movement throughout Latin America.  John and his wife, Bonny, have become an integral and passionate witness in the congregation where I am a pastor, the East Goshen Mennonite Church.

In the Fall of 2008, I had the privilege of accompanying John on trip in Colombia, South America, where for ten days he taught in groups of Colombian Anabaptist pastors and servant leaders.  His teaching with these inspiring people was on the subject of the Radical Spirituality of the Early Anabaptist movement and has been published in a little Spanish language book entitled, "Convivencia Radical: Espiritualidad para el siglo veintiuno".

On our flight back to into the U.S. I plied John with excitement for this subject and the need for his book in the North American congregations who desire to be connected with Anabaptism, yet are inundated with evangelical fundamentalist voices of Christian spirituality.  A few weeks later John sent me an English translation of Convivencia Radical in number of documents.

Here is an edited pdf of Radical Spirituality for the 21st Century by John Driver (in English):

Radical Spirituality for the 21st Century

2 comments:

Karl said...

This link appears to be broken. When I click on it i get the message, "Sorry, the page (or document) you have requested is not available."
-- Karl

Pastor Steve said...

Try the link again. I could not find anything wrong so I set it up again. I am new at this technology, so if you continue to have problems let me know and I will get some assistance.